Monday, January 31, 2011

Don't have a title

My title is entitled what it is for the simple reason that I don't have a title so I decided to state that as the heading for what will follow. Of course, I have no idea what will follow because I'm typing this out on the fly.

Alright so how has everyone been? Good? I certainly hope so. On the 22-23 of January my family and I stayed at the "Deluxe suites" of the Steamboat Springs Worldmark location. Worldmark is a timeshare, for those of you who didn't know. Deluxe makes me laugh. My bedroom is more deluxe than those suites. There was still painter's tape around the can reccessed lights, the trim isn't level at all, there were paint splatters all over the tile, there were trim stain splatters on the wall, the wall was a myriad of different shades of a light dull yellow, and the list keeps going. The lack of pride in one's work in today's society scares me. These people are the "blow-and-go" types that are found everywhere in the construction industry. And not just in construction. They're in every part of life. My family purchased a set of classical CDs that were on sale and the cases fell apart when we opened the plastic wrap. There are people everywhere that cut as many corners as possible. I could list numerous jobs that my wonderful father has worked on where the previous contractor "cut enough corners to re-pave New York". That's a direct quote from my Dad. I hope people start to care about what their name is on.

Who plays guitar? I recently learned how to play "He Reigns" by the Newsboys. I love that song. Hopefully I'll be able to learn more songs about the glories of our wonderful Creator. Please leave whatever comments you desire. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment